About Financial Aid
Miquon is committed to enrolling students from many different family backgrounds, including those for whom the cost of tuition is an unmanageable expense. To realize that commitment, the school sets aside a portion of its tuition revenue to be allocated as financial aid. In 2015-16, 43% of the eligible student body are receiving between 10% and 90% of tuition in the form of financial aid.
Important things to know about applying for financial aid:
Applying for financial aid is independent of applying for admission.
- It is available for students in Nursery and above.
- It is only offered to families who have demonstrated financial need.
- Awards may not exceed 90% of tuition, and most are considerably less.
- All applicants must use the School and Student Service (SSS) to process financial information.
- Full financial information including tax returns must be submitted for review.
- For most families, the deadline for financial aid applications is January 15th. After that, applications will be considered while funds remain.
- When you apply for admission, you will indicate whether you wish to receive a financial aid packet.
January 2016 Application Information
The financial aid process for The Miquon School starts in December. All families with children entering Nursery through Grade 6 are eligible to apply. Families currently receiving financial aid must reapply annually.
Please note, all documents and financial information listed below should be submitted directly to School and Student Services (SSS) by January 15, 2016:
● Parent Financial Statement (PFS) – submitted online at http://sssbynais.org/parents.
● A copy of your final pay stub(s) from December 2014
● A copy of federal income tax returns (including schedules) from 2014
● A copy of W-2s and/or 1099s from 2014
Andrea Myers will contact all current financial aid recipients individually. If your family is considering applying for the first time, please visit our How to Apply for Financial Aid section for more details about the process. You may also contact Andrea Myers with questions.