At Miquon, many of our groups are mixed-age groups due to the many benefits to children — as demonstrated by academic research and classroom practice.
Using the links below, you can learn more about the work of each classroom group.
- Marisa, Celia & Erin’s Nursery (3 and 4 year-olds) – class blog and 2014-15 Curriculum Report
- Toni & Sherry’s Kindergarten – class blog, slideshow, and 2014-15 Curriculum Report
- Ben & Elisa’s 1st grade – class blog; 2014-15 Curriculum Report
- Rachel & Rich’s 2nd-3rd grade – class blog; 2014-15 Curriculum Report
- Bree & Marie’s 2nd-3rd grade – class blog; 2014-15 Curriculum Report
- Wendy & Sara’s 4th grade – class blog and 2014-15 Curriculum Report
- Diane & Jeri’s 5th-6th grade – class blog and 2014-15 Curriculum Report
- Lynn & Mark’s 5th-6th grade – class blog, class website, and 2014-15 Curriculum Report
The curriculum report is sent out by class to each Miquon family after the school year ends. It is a retrospective document, not a set of lesson plans. Teachers communicate their intentions and goals to parents in many ways during the school year through group meetings, individual conversations, and classroom blogs and newsletters. The curriculum report is the teachers’ review of the entire year, looking back and making observations after their plans, projects, problems, and revelations are long over. One of the distinguishing features of this report is the great extent to which each teacher’s style, focus, and personality come through in this retrospective narrative. (Please note that the previous year’s staffing and group structure may not correspond exactly to the current year.)