Miquon Matters, 4.30.18
YOUR ACTION ITEMS
- Grab a batch of Spring Fair raffle tickets for your family and friends!
- Volunteer at our Admissions Open House on Thurs, May 10! We will train you!
- Help your child remember to submit a pizza order by Thursday
- The weather’s looking up; don’t forget to check for ticks!
- Plan to attend a Coffee Chat with Susannah; it’s on the calendar.
ADMISSIONS OPEN HOUSE
Every day our RSVP list for Open House (held Thurs, May 10 from 9:00 – 11:00 am) grows!
Help recruitment efforts by sharing your experience with prospective parents over morning coffee as early as 8:30 am (after drop-off).
Or, become a tour guide — we are in need of two more! Not sure how to be a tour guide or what to say? We can train you. Contact Andrea to schedule a training that works for you!
Spring Fair is Gearing Up!
Spring Fair (held Sat, May 19 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm) is the school’s annual parent-run fundraiser! In order to make Spring Fair a success, we NEED YOU! Please take a moment to think about how you can contribute, and check these items off your to-do list.
- The raffle is in full swing! Purchase raffle tickets yourself and encourage your friends and family to do the same.
- Please contact Charlotte if you can loan us: large folding tables, beverage dispensers with spigots, large coolers, pop-up street tents.
- Look for the Spring Fair volunteer SignUpGenius coming on Wednesday! Sign up early to get the shift or job that works best for your family!
Family Photo Session with Mike Batchelor
One of the Miquon community’s talented photographers, Mike Batchelor, is offering mini photo shoots on Sat, May 5! Register for a 30-minute slot from 10:00 am -1:00 pm. Mike is generously offering these mini-sessions for $75, and will deliver 10-15 edited files you can print or post anywhere!
Half the proceeds will go to support Miquon’s Annual Giving Campaign. Sign up for a slot by contacting Charlotte.
COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
Community Sing with John Krumm
Sat, May 5, 1:30 – 4:00 pm | Moore Building, 2025 Harts Ln, Conshohocken
Everyone from the surrounding community is invited to come out to Miquon for a community sing with John Krumm.
Spring Migration Bird Walks
Sun, May 13, 7:30 am |Wissahickon Tree House
Meet Martin Selzer at the Wissahickon Tree House to catch spring migration, at what should be the peak of songbird migration in Harper’s and Andorra meadows. All ages; presented by the Wissahickon Environmental Center.
Carol Moog Performs @ Brittinghams
Thurs, May 3, 7:00 pm | 40 East Germantown Pike, Lafayette Hill
Miquon’s school psychologist is also a jammin’ harmonica player! Come see Carol Moog, known to be a “huge sound in a small package,” live at Brittingham’s this May!
Get more of Miquon! Follow Miquon on social media.