Covid Testing & Vaccine Information
There are many options for getting tested for COVID; please check this page frequently as information changes quickly. If you have COVID symptoms, please contact your doctor first to see if they recommend testing. You can also get tested proactively even if you are asymptomatic.
Montgomery County Testing Sites
There are currently six free testing sites in Montgomery County.
- You can register for day-of testing appointments only.
- You have the option to either enter your insurance information or to skip this step–either way the test will be free of charge to you personally.
- Montgomery County is only offering the PCR test at this time–this is the test Miquon requires for return to school for symptomatic students or confirmed exposure based on current public health recommendations.
- Although you are supposed to live, work, or go to school in Montgomery Country to be tested at these sites, in practice we have found that anyone can get tested right now.
- Test results are returned in 2-4 days.
- All testing sites are outside and distanced.
- These sites offer the nasal swab, but it is a short stick that swabs midway up your nose, not the deep nasal swab.
- You self-swab for this test, and if you bring a child to be tested, you the parent will swab your child’s nose if they cannot do it themselves.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is now offering COVID tests for any child in the Greater Philadelphia Region, whether you are a CHOP patient already or not.
- You can schedule a test on their website. If you don’t have symptoms or possible COVID exposure, it appears you can still be tested as long as you select the answer “Is your child required to have a COVID-19 test to return to school, daycare or camp or requested by your local public health authority?” in the screening process.
- There are currently five testing sites in Philadelphia, Bucks County, Glen Mills, and Voorhees, NJ.
- We have reports that CHOP tests can come back very quickly, in as little as six hours.
- CHOP is still using the “deep” nasal swab.
- PM Pediatrics is a local urgent care provider with locations in Abington, Wynnewood, Springfield, and Wayne.
- They only test children.
- Please make sure you are requesting the PCR molecular COVID test, not the rapid antigen or antibody test.
- We have reports that tests come back very quickly, sometimes the same day.
- Some people have reported being tested for free, but you will need to provide insurance information. If you don’t provide your insurance, you may be billed for the cost of the test. If you have symptoms or don’t have insurance, the test cost should be covered either by public funding through the CARES Act.
- Your insurance may not pay for a proactive test, so if your child does not have symptoms, check with your insurance provider.
Testing sites in Philadelphia are available on this website, which is updated frequently.