Miquon Matters, 1.2.18
Happy New Year!
YOUR ACTION ITEMS
- Don’t forget to complete your Financial Aid applications by Fri, Jan 12!
How to Apply
- Want to help with Spring Fair? Let us know your preferred date/time for the initial planning meeting.
- It’s a new year! Be sure to always check the Miquon Google calendar!
- If you plan to volunteer at any point, please check out our volunteer clearance procedures. (Note there’s new fingerprint provider for 2018.)
- There has been a stomach flu/virus going around; please err on the side of caution and keep your sick child at home.
- Note there is no lunch sale this week.
MLK DAY VOLUNTEERING
The Greater Philadelphia Martin Luther King Day of Service promotes volunteer service and civic engagement throughout the year. This year we are offering to coordinate Miquon meet-ups at two service events on Mon, Jan 15. Those who are interested should take two steps:
- Register on the event’s website (below); and
- Complete the SignUp Genius form so we can help facilitate Miquon meet-ups at each event, including opportunities to share transportation.
Friends of the Wissahickon is hosting a group that will be removing invasive plants at Thomas Mansion. Register in advance, please.
Vaux Big Picture High School will be hosting a group to help paint and clean the school. Vaux’s principal is Miquon graduate Gabriel Kuriloff. Register in advance, please.
Spring Fair Planning!
Spring Fair is right around the corner on May 19–and it’s time to start planning! Anyone interested in helping with this PARENT-RUN event should come to our first meeting. Complete the poll so we can find the best meeting date.
Apply for Financial Aid by January 12
The deadline is fast approaching! The comprehensive application does take some time to complete; please give yourself the leeway you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin.
Thank you for a wonderful winter celebration in December! We were so thrilled to have the children share their work with you. In case you missed it, check out the Winter Assembly slideshow. Contact Kristin by emailing email@example.com if you want any of the original photo files!
EXTENDED DAY PROGRAMS
After School Basketball
Starting Tues, Jan 16, we will offer a basketball clinic for children attending After Care. The clinic will run Tuesdays from 4:00- 5:00 pm through Tues, Mar 13. Contact D.J. Giordano with questions.
COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
Radnor Speaker Series | Weds, Jan 10, 7:00 pm
Radnor High School Auditorium | 130 King of Prussia Rd, Wayne
Child psychologist and anxiety expert Dr. Katherine K. Dahlsgaard as this year’s Radnor Speaker Series presenter at Radnor High School in the Main Auditorium. Her must-see presentation will focus on what is normal anxiety and what is not. Dr. Dahlsgaard will leverage her experience as the Clinical Director of the Anxiety Behaviors Clinic (ABC) in the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at CHOP to help parents, students, educators and community members understand and manage today’s stresses and anxieties for school-aged children. She will explain the hidden costs of worrying about your children and introduce parenting strategies that will help families connect and thrive.
Co-hosted by The Agnes Irwin School (AIS) and the Radnor Township School District (RTSD) PTOs and PTSA.
Space is limited and seats are filling up very quickly.
Get more of Miquon! Follow Miquon on social media.