Miquon Matters, 1.8.18
YOUR ACTION ITEMS
- Bring in your clothing drive items by THIS THURSDAY!
- Don’t forget to complete your Financial Aid applications by Fri, Jan 12!
How to Apply
- Check the Miquon Google calendar — there’s a Spring Fair planning meeting and MLK Day is around the corner!
- Make sure you have submitted (or updated) your emergency contact information (for weather closures, etc) to Miquon using the Parent Portal.
- Help your child remember to submit an (optional) pizza lunch form by Thursday!
On Fri, Jan 12, Miquon is hosting a community service event in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., and to benefit Cradles to Crayons. Activities will run as a part of the regular Friday Assembly at 9:00 am in the Moore Building, and parents are invited to participate!
We will be sorting clothes from the Cradles to Crayons donation drive (bring donations by Thurs, Jan 11), decorating birthday bags that Cradles to Crayons uses when giving presents to kids, and making back-to-school cards that are used when they supply new backpacks to kids in the fall.
YOUR EMERGENCY FORMS
It is always a good idea to make sure your proper, updated information is on file with school. To check your emergency contact information we have on file:
- Login to the Parent Portal,
- Click “School Forms Online” in the upper left area of your screen, and
- Check that your “Automated Emergency Announcements” form is completed and up-to-date.
To check how you requested your student(s) to go home in the event of an early closure:
- Login to the Parent Portal,
- Click “School Forms Online,” and
- Check each student’s “Student Information Form” listed under each student’s name.
MLK DAY VOLUNTEERING
The Greater Philadelphia Martin Luther King Day of Service promotes volunteer service and civic engagement throughout the year. This year we are offering to coordinate Miquon meet-ups at two service events on Mon, Jan 15. Those who are interested should take two steps:
- Register on the event’s website (below); and
- Complete the SignUp Genius form so we can help facilitate Miquon meet-ups at each event, including opportunities to share transportation.
Friends of the Wissahickon is hosting a group that will be removing invasive plants at Thomas Mansion. Register in advance, please.
Vaux Big Picture High School will be hosting a group to help paint and clean the school. Vaux’s principal is Miquon graduate Gabriel Kuriloff. Register in advance, please.
FROM THE BOARD
All parents are members of the Miquon Corporation, and all of you are invited to each and every board meeting. The next one will be held on Weds, Jan 17 at 7:00 pm in Louis and Jeri’s Room.
Planning Meeting is Jan 26!
All Miquon families participate in Spring Fair, and all parents are invited to a planning session on Fri, Jan 26, from 3:15-4:15 pm. We will meet in the Moore Building to discuss what’s special about our community coming together around Spring Fair and whether we can do anything better or differently this year. Please join us! Latecomers welcome.
Children of parents attending the meeting can attend After Care for free. Please RSVP to Charlotte–no need to contact DJ directly for aftercare arrangements.
Apply for Financial Aid by January 12
The deadline is fast approaching! The comprehensive application does take some time to complete; please give yourself the leeway you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin.
EXTENDED DAY PROGRAMS
After School Basketball
Starting Tues, Jan 16, we will offer a basketball clinic for children attending After Care. The clinic will run Tuesdays from 4:00- 5:00 pm through Tues, Mar 13. Contact D.J. Giordano with questions.
Get more of Miquon! Follow Miquon on social media.