How to Apply for Financial Aid
The Financial Aid process for The Miquon School begins in December of each year. All families with children entering Nursery through Grade 6 are eligible to apply. Families currently receiving Financial Aid must reapply annually.
Apply for Financial Aid through School and Student Services
We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) for our financial aid process. To begin your financial aid application, you will complete SSS’s Parent Financial Statement (PFS).
The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. Give yourself the time you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin. You will need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We recommend that you review the materials that SSS has put together to help families with the application process. They can be found on the SSS family portal.
To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS, but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget. We will communicate our financial aid decision to you via email.
You will need the following information to complete your PFS:
- Full School Name: The Miquon School
- Our SSS Code: 1068
- Miquon Financial Aid Office Contact: Bree McNamara
Important Due Dates
When working on your application, please abide by the following due dates. Applications received after these due dates will be processed, but funding may be limited. Provisional award letters are sent out the first week of February each year to families who meet the first two deadlines. Final awards are sent after taxes are reviewing in the first week in April.
January 5, 2024
February 1, 2024
March 15, 2024
|All W2 Forms (2023)
|1040 including all supporting schedules (2023)
|1040 including all supporting schedules (2022)
How to Complete the Parent Financial Statement (PFS) Online
- Beginning October 1, 2023, visit sssandtadsfa.force.com/familyportal/.
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2024-25. You can log out at any time and return later to complete it.
- After you press submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The $60 fee is non-refundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access to a section called “My Documents.” You can upload required documents there.
How to Submit Required Documents Online
- Upload your documents and save each on your computer as a separate file. Remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Select the Academic Year 2024-25 on PFS Online.
- Click on the “My Documents” tab.
- On the “My Documents” page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the “Required Documents” section of the PFS. Clicking either the upload button or a hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate, and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.